Aims and Rules of the National Non-Olympic Committees - NNOCs.
The mission of the NNOCs is to develop and defend the Non-Olympic Sports-Games movement in their respective countries; in accordance with INOC's Constitution.
The NNOCs :
1. Popularize the fundamental principles of the Non-Olympic Sports-Games at the National level, within the framework of Non-Olympic Sports-Games activity and otherwise contribute, among other things, to the diffusion of the Non-Olympic Sports spirit in the teaching programmes of physical education and sport in schools and universities;
2. Ensure the observance of the Non-Olympic Constitution in their respective countries;
3. Encourage the development of high performance sport as well sports for all;
4. Help in the training of sports administrators by organizing courses;
5. Commit themselves of taking action against any form of discrimination and coercion in sports;
The National Non-Olympic Committees - NNOCs have the exclusive right to represent their respective countries at the Non-Olympic Sports-Games/World Games. The NNOCs have the right to designate the city which may offer to organize Non-Olympic Sports-Games/National Games in their respective countries. The NNOCs must maintain their autonomy and resist all pressures political, religious or economic that may prevent them from complying with INOC's Constitution. 38.6
The NNOCs have the right to :
Formulate proposals addressed to the INOC concerning the organization and development of the Non-Olympic Sports- Games/World Games; Express their opinion concerning the candidates wishing to organize the Non-Olympic Sports-Games/World Games; Collaborate in the preparation of the Council; Participate, at the request of the INOC, in the activities of the INOC's commissions. In order to fulfill their mission, the NNOCs must cooperate with governmental and non-governmental bodies.
The National Non-Olympic Committees - NNOCs Structure
Whatever their composition, NNOCs must include :
1. The member of the INOC in their country, if any. These members are also full and equal members of the Executive Committee of the NNOC and have the right to vote in both the General Council and the Executive Committee;
2. All National Federations affiliated with International Federations governing sports, include is the programme of the Non-Olympic Sports-Games/World Games, or the representatives designated by them. A NNOC shall not recognize more than one National Federation for each sport governed by such International Federation.
When dealing with questions relating to the Non-Olympic Sports-Games/World Games, only the votes cast by the Executive Committee of the NNOC and by the National Federations affiliated with International Federations governing sports included in the programme of the Non-Olympic Sports-Games/National Games are taken into Consideration.
The General Council of the NNOC shall be held at least once in a year.
The members of the Executive Committee of the NNOC shall be re-elected at least every four years at a General Council meeting. The Agenda of which includes such re-election. The member of the NNOCs with the exception of those doing administrative work in sports, shall accept no salary or bonus of any kind for the performances of their functions. They may, however, be reimbursed for their traveling, accommodation and other justified expenses related to the carrying out of their functions.
The NNOCs perform the following tasks :
Form, organize and lead their respective delegations at the Non- Olympic Sports-Games/World Games and at the Regional, Continental and World Multi-Sports Competitions patronized by the INOC. They determine the entry of athletes proposed by their respective National Federations.
It is suggested that NNOCs :
Include in their activities the promotion of culture and arts in the field of sport and Non-Olympic Sports-Games;
Seek sources of financing which will enable them to maintain their autonomy in all respects.
To be recognized by and be accepted as a member of the NNOC, a National Federation must exercise a specific and real sports activity, be affiliated to an International Federation recognized by the INOC, and conduct its activities in compliance with both the Non-Olympic Constitution and the rules of its International Federations.
Country and Name of a NNOC
The name of a NNOC must reflect the territorial boundaries and traditions of that country, and must be approved by the INOC.
Flag, Emblem and Anthem
The flag, emblem and anthem adopted by a NNOC, for use in relation to its activities, including the Non-Olympic Sports-Games/World Games, must be approved by the INOC Executive Committee. To become part of the INOC Family, please complete and return the following application form, along with all the necessary documents, to the INOC office. Your application will be preliminary reviewed by the INOC Board meeting, and finally reviewed by the INOC General Assembly on the circumstance of the World INOC Congress
Form C-National Membership-INOC (pdf file)
For more information, please contact the INOC office. e-mail at : firstname.lastname@example.org